Thursday, December 01, 2005

My First Post

After reading and being inspired by everyone else at Cool Running I've followed suit and set-up my own blog.

My running history has been on and off for the last 15years. At school I was always quite capable of running -whether it was short, middle or long distance. But once I went to Uni I got slack and pretty much stopped all competitive sport and very rarely did any training. Every so often I would try to get back into running but it only ever lasted a couple of months.

I moved to Armidale in 1997 and inspired by the change in climate and surroundings ( I was originally from Cairns) I really made an effort and for most of that year I stuck with it - that was the first year I did City 2 Surf. After 1997 I moved to Toowoomba and once more the training was on and off.

The last two years I've done City 2 Surf but I only started training for it about 6 weeks before. I'm determined now to stick with my running and since August I had 2 months off but been back in the groove since October. The majority of my training is done at the local gym on the treadmill but I also get out and hit the pavement with my dog every once in a while. I'm no star when it comes to running but I enjoy it and find it incredibly relaxing and invigorating.

Today:
5.6km in 30mins on hills setting.
Started off at 11.2km/h alternating with 2mins intervals of flat/hill and eventually finished off at 12km/h
Was sweating like a pig on heat by the end of it but love it - love a good sweat!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Hi Enforcer, welcome to CoolRunning Blogland! Its great to have another QLDer on board.

Hopefully with all this inspiration you are getting your running will be more 'on' that 'off' :-)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home