Sunday, December 04, 2005

A Longish Run

I thought I would treat myself to a new set of running shoes today. My New Balance are getting a little old and I dont feel like they give much cushioning. So I have an early Christmas present in a brand spankin new pair of Asics.

After my day off yesterday I felt pretty fresh today and decided to do 60mins on the treadmill - with my new shoes as well. I started off pretty easy with the intention of doing the second half of the run quicker (I believe this is called 'negative split'). The whole run was quite relaxed and I felt really good afterwards.

I'd really love to run a competitive 10km race at the moment just to see where I'm at. I have all these figures of what I'd love to run and what I think I'd run floating around my head. Not to worry, the longer I hold off running a 10km race the better the time will be I guess.

Today:
11.4km in 60mins on a 1 incline
The first 30mins done at 11.2km/h, the next 20mins done at 11.4km/h and the final 10 mins I worked my way up to finish off at 13km/h.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home