Thursday, December 08, 2005

Hills: My Nemesis

Today I did my road run circuit. This was the first time in over 2 weeks so I thought I better get out and get a feel for the pavement underneath me again. The course I've set out is very hilly! I hate it but I know its a necessary evil. Hills have a tendancy to almost stop me in my track.

I started out at a fair clip but by the end of the first steep hill my breathing was laboured and my calfs were burning. Once I got back on the flat I was right and recovered fairly quick. But half way up the second hill I didn't think I was going to be able to continue - I kept telling myself I could stop in another 10metres and just kept doing that until I was finally up over the top of it. I was ok all the rest of the way home but my breathing just wasn't right and I think I may have overdone it. I didn't look at my time during the run and was very surprised by it when I got home and had a look - it was quite good considering the amount of hills and the steepness of them.

Today:
4.6km in 23:24mins

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

The trouble with hills is they never seem to get any easier. Or maybe we just run up them faster when we get fitter and it hurts just as much.

You're in the right place to do hill work, there's some beauties around Toowoomba. No wonder so many great hill runners hail from there.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home