Friday, December 09, 2005

Looking Forward To A Day Off Tomorrow

I'm glad to see the end of this training week. With the heat and the few extra kms I've chalked up this week (43kms compared to avg. 35kms the last few weeks) I was feeling pretty fatigued by the end of todays run. I think my focus now will be 2 days off a week and try and concentrate on a few longer runs - especially if I wish to try a half-marathon in the not too distant future. I'm very confident that I could run a sub50 10km race at the moment and not trying to sound arrogant or cocky but I think I would really surprise myself with the time if I gave it a shot at the moment.

One thing I'm very happy with at the moment is my level of motivation - I even feel guilty by taking one day training off a week and I cant ever recall eating this healthy. I once read somewhere that the first 3months of a beginner runner is the hardest, they said if you can make it past the first 3months then chances are you will stick with it long term. Here's hoping that my motivation level never dwindles! I figure if I keep reading everyone elses blogs and reading the boards at CoolRunning the chances of that happening are nil. Its amazing that the words and diaries of total strangers can inspire someone so much.

Today:
7.5km in 40mins on a 1 incline
Started off at 11.okm/h and worked my way up to 11.5km/h

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Power said...

i hope you continue to be motivated and I also believe that the first 12 weeks of a runners 'career' is their hardest. Keep up the good work and there are plenty of people out there who can help you get going on those 'lazy days'. cheers,
mp

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home