Wednesday, January 11, 2006

25 Sweaty Bodies

No matter what time I get to the gym it seems the cardio room is always crowded at the moment. Yesterday every single bit of equipment was being used - too many new years resolutions I think! The room isn't that big and they never have any of the windows open - just the air conditioning going. When I walked into the room the air was hot and it smelled like a combination of sweat and womens perfume. Despite all this I decided to push on. I started on the treadmill with the intention of doing 60mins and after about 10mins I was once more lathered in sweat and starting to find it hard to breath - something that has nevered happened to me before. I began trying to suck in deep breaths and that helped a little bit. I was thinking at the time the reason it was probably so hard to breath was because the room was chocka full and they didn't have ONE window open - 25people in a tiny room working out and not one single windown open! I was even feeling a little claustrophobic and I'm sure that didn't help my breathing. I slowed my pace down marginally and manged to stick out the 60mins but by the end of it I was happy just to get out of that little sweat box!

Today:
11.2kms in 60mins on a 1 incline

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Eeeewww, sounds gross. Good on ya for hanging in there for 60 minutes.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home