Monday, January 23, 2006

Heading North

Well its official - I'm going to Cairns! I would have preferred Brissy but I had my suspicions it was going to go this way. As nice a place as Toowoomba is I've been working here long enough and need a change. I sure am going to miss Winter though - no that isn't a joke. I love cold weather, it was one of the reasons I moved south originally. Thankfully I've got all next week to get everything organised and make my way north. Not sure whether or not to sell the house or rent it out - if anybody with a bit of real estate knowledge has any opinions please feel free to shoot them my way.

Anyway, to the running news. I woke up with a really tight left calf muscle - very nasty and I even had trouble walking on it - my first really serious injury. It got a little better the longer the day went on and I went to gym tonight. Once I started running it didnt bother me but once I cooled down it was still there. If it is still sore in the morning I suppose the prudent thing to do is have a couple of days rest.

Today:
8.8kms in 45mins on a 1 incline

Week: 25.8kms
Month: 183.1kms

4 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Gosh, going to Cairns already! For someone who likes cold weather that's not the best news, though I guess you will be moving further away from Bernard Fanning :-)

Hope the calf muscle behaves after a bit of a couple of days rest.

Thanks so much for the Moby request. I'm a bit of a fan, I almost wore out my copy of 'Play' when I first bought it.

11:13 AM  
Blogger miners said...

Hope the move is good for you up there. I actually know a couple of very accomplished triathletes up there who you may want to link up with if you start enjoying the tris more :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Good luck with the move hope it goes well, that seemed to happen pretty quickly, well from this end of the computer anyway.

Sorry I cant help with the real estate, I can see it will be a tough decision there are pros and cons for both situations.

Enjoy Cairns :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Unfortunately not, I was unsure what was going on with work, I will probably look for houses instead. FUN! If I was posted to Cabarlah that would be ideal, however I dont think a two hour daily commute would work :)


To all others who are reading this, going what is this dude on about, Im just answering a question that was posed to me :)

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home