Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My 2nd Unofficial 5km TT

I got to the gym a little earlier today and thankfully there weren't too many people there. Around this time last month I did my unofficial 5km TT so I thought I would do one today and see if I've gone forwards or backwards. I decided to go out a little harder then last time and if things got nasty I would just try and hold on from there. Once I had started and got into a good rhythm I was feeling awesome - I love the feeling of running at a fair pace and I even feel like a runner when I do it. Everything was feeling comfortable and unlike the troubles of yesterday my breathing was very relaxed. The hill in the run kicked in but like last time I just maintained my pace and told myself it would be over before too long. Once I had finished the hill I realised I still had plenty of gas in the tank and I jumped up to 4:07 pace. I think I kept on this pace for about 600metres and then for the last 500metres went up to 4:00 pace - unfortunately thats as far as the treadmill will go! I was so disappointed! I really wanted to pick up the pace in the last 500m because I was feeling fantastic and wanted to be absolutely spent by the end of it. The end result : 22mins and 22 seconds. I went 51 seconds better then last month and I have no doubt next time I will go under 22mins. After the TT I did another 20mins at a very gentle pace to cool down.

Today:
5kms in 22:22 TT
3.5kms in 20mins
Total: 8.5kms in 42:22

2 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, what a fantastic time .... and a memorable one 22.22! Its just a shame the treddy won't go faster than 4 min kms.

Wonder how much you would lower that time in a road race ....

9:40 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Good work, that is a fantastic improvement. Yeah it is abit of a shame that the tready doesn't go beyond 15km/hr, you always want to sprint and get the last 200m over with.

Look forward to reading next months result, no pressure :)

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home