Friday, January 13, 2006

I felt a little sore after my TT yesterday but still dragged myself to the gym. I did 10mins on the eliptical cycle thingy just to warm up and get the body moving and then did a 45mins run on the tready. Apart from the humidity the run felt good and I think something I've neglected the last 2 months is a proper warm up before running - apart from the obligatory few stretches I never really do anything else.

I leave for Cairns on Saturday and have organised a good long run with one of my mates for Sunday. We haven't caught up since City 2 Surf and he's kept on with his training since then, unlike me who took 2mths off afterwards - so should be interesting. Along with him and another mate we've committed ourselves to the SMH Half-Marathon and Gold Coast Half-Marathon and are in competition to see who can run a half-marathon in under 100mins first. We've all agreed since that maybe sub 100mins was a little ambitious!

Today:
8.5kms in 45mins on a 1 incline

1 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

You need to have ambitious goals, however that one is not that dramatic. There is still plenty of time and im sure you will give it a shake.

My Brother in law has just visited from T'ville and it has been very steamy up there lately, cairns being the same no doubt. Tough running weather for Sunday. Enjoy!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home