Monday, July 31, 2006

Dead MP3 Player

Tonight I have found out that you should always check your batteries on your mp3 player before setting off on your run. I had planned on running 8km tonight and about 1km into my run the music stopped - I had to run the next 7km without any tunes just staring at the treadmill monitor watching the km's tick by. No wonder this was one of my toughest runs! Its amazing what difference music makes - especially on the treadmill. Its not like you can watch the pretty scenery pass by.

I was pretty fired up for my run tonight. The new series of 'The Contender' has started on PayTV. I'm not normally a boxing fan but for some reason this show really appeals to me. It might be that whole 'eye of the tiger' thing that motivates us all. After I had watched the episode tonight I was itching to do my run. Its funny how you think you're going to do your run easy but after 5mins you feel like you're ready to collapse. The body is a mysterious machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home