Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Continue To Prepare

I'm giving serious thought to heading up to Townsville next weekend and running the 10.5K for the Running Festival. The last competitive run that I did was back in early April - Cairns Road Runners 10K and I was a bit disappointed with the time 46:14. Back at that stage I was going great guns and was confident that I could crack 45mins - especially given that my three 5K's had all been well under 21mins. As usual though I had gone out too hard and was really knocked up by the 8K mark. I think if I go and do the run in Townsville I will have a fair idea of just how well I will go in C2S. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing though!

Its a great time in the year for Running. So many events all over the place. A week after the C2S there is the Pyramid Race in Gordonvale (just south of Cairns) http://www.pyramidrace.com.au I actually grew up in Gordonvale and always said I'd love to do the race one year. Well not this year - maybe next. I'm struggling to run on the flat at the moment so can't imagine how it would be running up a 900metre mountain. There is a Cross Country race that day though so depending on how I pull up from C2S I might attempt that.

The training is going steady. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and not gasping for air after 5mins of continuous running. I've had a couple of rounds of golf the last few weeks as well which I've found is giving me aches and pains in strange parts of the body. Its funny the longer I go without playing golf the better I play - why can't it be like that with running?

On a totally unrelated running topic - I've made it half way through Series 3 of my 24 DVD Box Set. I watched the very first series of 24 when it was on TV and really enjoyed it but never watched any other series - not sure why. I started watching the current series on TV a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it and since have gone out and bought Series 2, 3 and 4. I watched Series 4 already (yes I am working backwards) and find it very difficult to limit myself to watching just one episode a night.

2 Comments:

Blogger R2B said...

Do you have a goal in mind for the C2S?
R2B

7:30 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see you're getting back into it. I'm always surprised how quickly your body reverts to being unfit if you let it. Not fair is it? Good luck with the race if you decide to do it.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home