Thursday, July 27, 2006

Starting To Get Excited

I got my C2S race bib in the mail today - Green 12222. I missed out on red because my time last year was 75:44. I've set my goal this year to sub 75 which may be a little ambitious but who really knows- heartbeak hill will have the final say in my time I dare say. I've been doing a 30min run on a 5 incline on the treadmill each week so hopefully I'll at least be a litte prepared. I'm a big kid when it comes to C2S - I was all excited when I got home and saw the envelope in the mailbox and I've read the brochure about 4 times. I can't wait for the run but I'd give anything to have another 6 weeks prep for it. I feel like I'm back at Uni and trying to cram for an exam. You know you should have been doing the work months before so you were prepared but now you're trying to fit everything into the shortest amount of time available.

I'm off to Best and Less tomorrow after work. Going to go and buy the cheapest and daggiest Tracksuit available so I can sit and be a tragic fashion victim before the race. It was absolutely freezing last year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

It is getting exciting!!! Pity you just missed out on a red number. Next year for sure.

I know the 'cramming for exams' feeling, I've really only done two hill sessions in five months. I figure even if I shuffle up HBH its gotta be faster than walking. Or sitting in the gutter crying ;-)

Thanks for the daggy clothes reminder. Last year I picked up a $5 jacket at the Glebe markets the day before but people talked me out of ditching it cos it was so daggy it was cool. I had to go and get another one.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home