Sunday, July 30, 2006

Train Smarter, Not Harder

I read somewhere once that any training you do today benefits you in 2 weeks time. Keeping that in mind I ran a hard 60minutes tonight - any training I do from now until C2S is just going to be easy sessions aimed at keeping whatever fitness level I now have. Its great having a treadmill at home - I spent the whole day just putting off my run until finally at 10pm tonight I bit the bullet and got myself motivated enough to jump on and just do it. Hard to believe but after 60mins on the treadmill at 10pm at night, on my back patio, in the middle of winter I was covered in sweat like you can't imagine. Surely thats going to have to be of some benefit to me come C2S.

I was reading the Brisbane Sunday Mail today and really wish I was still living in Toowoomba. I never got to run the Bridge to Brisbane and would love to do it one year - its just a shame its so close to C2S. Unfortunately living in Cairns now means that travelling for a fun run can get pretty pricey. I think the staff of Jetstar might get to know me pretty well in the next few years!

Speaking of Toowoomba, I am glad that I managed to get out of there before I needed to vote on the drinking of sewerage. This idea was getting thrown around even before I left - at the time I thought it was a good idea, but the more I've thought about it the more I've realised I don't think I could do it. Its a lot to get your head around and I don't think I'd enjoy my cold glass of water near as much if I was thinking about where it came from just before I took a big mouthful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

I'd pick C2S over B2B any day!

I have to agree with you on the recycled sewerage thing. It just totaly grosses me out. They've had news stories all week with people in the street taste testing it - eeewwww!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Well done on doing your run that late on. I'm sure you'll see the benefit on the day.

Drinking recycled water is no big deal. Most of London's water is recycled and having lived there for 16 years I never gave it a second thought. I don't think they'll be many alternatives for a lot of inland cities so it's going to happen sooner or later.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

that is an interesting stat the 2 weeks thing - good motivational tool hey? conversely i guess i could say now that 2 weeks from today is after the C2S so i might as well not bother! hehe. but then there are all those other bloody goals...

nice work on the 10pm run!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home