Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Some Days You Just Feel Fantastic

I was a feeling a little flat and fatigued when I went to gym this afternoon and had even considered giving it a miss - I'm glad now that I didn't. I went at the worst time of the day - the cardio room was crowded and there was only a couple of bikes available. It didn't worry me too much at the time because I wasn't that keen on jumping on the treadmill anyway. I got on one of the bikes ( I still don't really know how to operate them) and thought I would do 30mins or wait until one of the treadies became available - within about 5mins 3 of them were available. I kept going on the bike because I was working up a good sweat and I was feeling pretty good - eventually I settled on doing 20mins. Now the last time I did this and tried to run right after doing a session on the bike I felt like I was learning how to run again, but not today. I am not sure why but I'm thinking that last time I did 30mins and my muscles may have been more fatigued but today I felt really loosened up and got into a good rhythm straight away - I was feeling great! I was full of energy, I felt really upright and even though I was going 5:21 pace I felt like I was standing still. I didn't want to get carried away with myself and start trying to run 4min km's so I thought I would try and do 4 sets of 500m hill climbs with 500m recoveries. So I did that little made up session and finished off the last 10mins at 5:00min pace.

Today:
7.6kms in 40mins on a 1 incline

Week: 36kms
Month: 253.4kms

3 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Oooh, sounds like one of the 'brick' sessions those crazy triathletes do. Don't go turning on us now ;-)

Good mileage for the month by the way!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Looks like you have been having some good runs recently. I hope your move up north goes smoothly. It will be great if you join a group as it will mean you get to know some local people too.

9:34 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

I wish i had that sort of stamina so i am working on it.Keep up the good work!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home