Sunday, January 29, 2006

Improved Longer Run

Last Sunday I managed to do a long run of 1hr30mins and I set myself the target of improving this by 10mins each week - today I managed to go 1hr45mins. The only reason I did 5mins more then what I set out for was that I thought 1hr45 sounded better then 1hr40 - pretty silly I know, but I have little quirks like that. I did the run on the treadmill again as I figure I have one more week of my gym membership left and I may as well get my money worth plus after this week all my running will be done in the great outdoors. My knees are just aching with the thought!

I've tracked down all the info on the Cairns Road Runners so once I get settled in I'm going to join up with them. I think it will be great and keep the interest there as well. I'm also going to start a serious program. My plan has always been to get a base level of fitness and ability to work with and then step up and take things a little more seriously. I think I have reached the point now where I am competent enough to tackle a Half-Marathon without disgracing myself and I want to train smarter rather then harder.

Its going to be an exhausting week. I have spent the last 2 days procrastinating wishing that all my stuff would miraculously pack itself - somehow I dont think its gonna happen and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start getting stuck into it.

Today:
19.5kms in 1hr45mins on a 1 incline

Week: 19.5kms
Month: 236.9kms

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Thats a fantastic effort on the treadmill!!! I hate treadmill running- 3hrs outdoors no worries... 30 mins treadmill and I am sooo ready to get off! Sounds like the half marathon should be your nxt goal!!! Gold Coast in July is nice and flat :-)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Gosh, you almost did a half marathon in training, you will be more than okay to race one. Pity you are headed to Cairns so soon, BRRC have one in mid March.

There's only one thing worse than packing ... unpacking! Good luck with it all. Looking forward to hearing about Cairns Road Runners.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home