Sunday, July 08, 2007

Back Blogging ... Again



Its been about 6mths since I last blogged and with City 2 Surf fast approaching I thought I would make an effort again. Not much running happened in the last 6mths - I got laid up with glandular fever and that put an end to my running and I'm really struggling to get back into it. I'm also as fat as a fool now and feeling pretty depressed about everything.



Good old City 2 Surf can always get me motivated - so in the last 2 weeks I've started some running again. First week just involved plodding along for 30mins, second week I moved it up to 40mins and today I managed to stagger my way through a 60min run. I'm definitely running City 2 Surf - but I don't expect to come anywhere near last years time of 66mins. I've set my sights on trying to go under 75mins so I can keep my Red Bib for 2008 - fingers crossed.
The weather in Cairns has been beautiful the last few weeks - an absolute treat. Beautiful blue skies all day with max temps of about 25º and mins of about 12º. I wish it was like this all year round. That sunrise pic is one I took in the last week but the photo doesn't do it justice - it was amazing.


Todays Run:
Distance - 11.5km
Time - 60.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home