Tuesday, September 12, 2006

More Road Running

So much for the 'longish' run on Sunday. I used the course around my home and thought I'd make a few changes thinking that it would add quite a few kilometres . It was about 4-30pm when I was running and surprisingly hot and humid and I didn't take any water. When I turned and started running on the bike path next to the Bruce Highway I was in the shade of the trees - this helped me so much as I wasn't able to find a tap anywhere to get a drink. I felt like I was running at fairly decent pace but nothing spectacular. When I got to the turn-off for home I had still only run the same time as the normal route which is a bit of a mystery. I didn't want to finish yet but at the same time I was so thirsty - so I agreed with myself I'd run another block around the house near my place. In the end I ran for 53.59 A bit disappointed as I still am yet to do a decent long run since my 18 kms a few weeks ago. I supposed it doesn't matter too much at the moment since I'm not specifically aiming for a race.

Monday afternoon after work I was feeling fresh and energetic so I decided to try and run the course around home again at a fairly quick pace. About half way I needed a toilet break (never happened to me EVER before) which annoyed me because I was feeling great and had a good rhythm going. Not sure how much time I took - never thought to time it! But my unadjusted time was 47.48 which I was fairly happy with. My knee was a little sore afterwards so I iced it last night which I think helped because apart from being a little stiff today it wasn't too bad.

Today I did the same thing but just took it easy. It was pretty windy today which made running difficult but at the same time made it nice and cool. Usually when I finish my runs I take Lara for a small run as a bit of a cool down - its not much of a cool down really because Lara is so excited she practically sprints the whole time. But I noticed this afternoon when running with Lara that the wind on my sweaty shirt was cold - not a clever thing to do, especially when still recovering from the flu. Todays run was done in 48.41

Did a fair bit of thinking on the weekend about what I want to achieve with my running in the future and set myself some goals for next year which I will share at a later date. I find that I need to set myself goals, not just with running but with life in general as I'm the sort of person who can easily lose direction and focus if there isn't a goal to be aimed for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Looking forward to hearing what those goals are.

Wasn't there just some sort of big festival going on up there? Did you get caught up in any of the frivolities?

9:43 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

I'm looking forward to hearing your goals if your ready to share them.
We will be ready with the encouragement when you are.

Cheers R2B

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home