Thursday, January 04, 2007

Back To The Land Of Blogging

I can't believe the last time I blogged was early September! I'm not sure why I stopped blogging because I didn't stop running until mid October! Then ufortunately, I became a sloth and did absolutely no running until yesterday. I'm not exactly sure why I stopped but I think it had to do with a combination of reasons - the awful heat and humidity, a big workload at work that was leaving me mentally and physically drained and my treadmill was still on the blink.

I had one of these 3mth breaks mid way through last year and was able to get back to good times and fitness levels pretty quickly - I don't think that will be the case this time. I've put on a few kilos and am not feeling the slightest bit athletic. I'm struggling with motivation something shocking as well - example: my treamill was fixed in mid December (long story why it took that long but mainly my fault as I was using it as an excuse not to run) and I told myself I would start the next day after it was fixed, that next day became after Xmas, after Xmas became after New Years and even then it took me 2 days to finally bite the bullet and do something.

So yesterday I told myself I would run for 25mins - it was a struggle and I managed 4.67kms. Today I ran 30mins and managed 5.7kms. As you can imagine the heat and humidity here is sickening, so much so that I'm seriously looking at getting the hell out of here and relocating back down south! I've made up my mind about it so its only a matter of WHEN. It doesn't help when all my friends from Brisvegas keep telling me how its been like winter there recently!

Anyway, thats enough of me sounding like a petulant little kid. Its nice to be blogging again and reading how everyone is going! Hope everyone had a Merry Xmas and has a happy and healthy 2oo7.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Welcome back!

Yep, your friends are right. The weather here has been bizaree ... but nobody's complaining.

Good to hear you are getting back in the swing.

Happy 2007.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and welcome back.

It has been fairly weird like Tesso said with the weather but as much as you dont want to hear it has been perfect weather for everything especially running.

Good to hear you are back to running and thinking of coming back down, Toowoomba or somewhere else???

Hopefully 2007 is a good one for you

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home