Saturday, January 20, 2007

Week In Review

I pulled up pretty well on Sunday from the Pyramid - so much so that I just did an easy 30min run on Sunday. Monday was a different story. I'm not sure why it took 48hrs to kick in but I was pretty sore and sorry. I was still a bit ginger on Tuesday but I did another easy 30min run and by the end of it was feeling pretty good and had just about run all the stiffness out.

After work on Wednesday I did an easy 40min run and same story on Thursday but increased the speed. I decided during the week with my mate that we would do the Pyramid again this weekend so that ruled out a run yesterday. We did the same thing as last time and set out at 2pm today, but this time we really went hard at it. All up we only had 3 drink breaks up to the top and did it in 1hr 15mins which isn't too shabby. Thankfully it wasnt as hot as last week but it was still pretty humid. We took a 30minute break at the top and then ran all the way down in about 45mins. Funny thing happened while we were running down - passed two guys coming up who were wearing 6 Foot Singlets - no cool running gear however.

Not a bad training week really. I can feel myself getting a little fitter and the 40min run on Thursday was done at 5min/k pace which is pretty encouraging. I'm going to keep doing the Pyramid each weekend until I'm out of Cairns which could be soon. I have a fairly promising job prospect thats a definite possibility - should know more by the end of next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

I always think the same thing when I see a 6ft singlet :-)

Hope you don't end up somewhere flat!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home