Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ingrown Toenail

Ouch! This popped up overnight. All day it was bothering me and when I put my running shoes on this afternoon it nearly killed me. I know I shouldn't have run because all I did was make it worse and I think because it was causing me so much discomfort my action was all out of whack - which will probably result in an injury. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get an appointment with a podiatrist and see what can be done - if need be I will hack away at it myself. There is no way I am going to let this stop me from running City 2 Surf. A couple of days break from running is now on the agenda and I will jump on the exercise bike so I don't lose any fitness.

On a postive note I did a sharp 40min run on Monday night at just under 5min/k pace and tonight I ran 40mins at 5min/k pace complete with sore toe. Yesterday was a rest day as I was absolutely beat - work is chaotic at the moment but thankfully its a short week with Friday being our Show Holiday.

Monday:
40mins
8.1kms

Tuesday:
Rest Day

Wednesday:
40mins
8kms

1 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

hope it doesn't slow you up at all mate. Would hope to catch up with you down there this year!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home