Sunday, July 29, 2007

Work Sucks But I Need The Bucks!

I had a full on week - I was at work most mornings by 6am which didn't impress me much and was lucky to get out before 5pm. Thankfully, my running didn't suffer and I still managed to stick to my routine.

I read alot of Blogs this week and was amazed at how many people are out of action with injuries or carrying injuries. It made me think about my short running career. I've been training on and off for almost 2yrs now and can happily say I've never been injured - apart from little things like an annoying ingrown toenail or sore ankles and knees and as shameful as this is I must admit I never stretch before a run (apart from the obligatory try and touch my toes once) or after a run. Most mornings I wake up the day after a run feeling like I've been hit by a bus but nothing that ever prevents me from continuing to run. Touch wood I continue to be injury free.

Today I went out to the Pyramid and decided to run up to the half-way point. The legs felt like lead weights for the first 2mins but after I warmed up they weren't too bad. I was breathing like a racehorse and I noticed now that I must have cleared all the crap off my chest because I've got a bit of a cough. I ran to the half way point in 30mins (not too shabby) and stopped and had a drink and short talk to a couple who were coming back down from the top. I always find running back down to be hell on my knees and ankle and today was no different - it took me 20mins. When I got back home this afternoon I went for a 30min run to finish off. The annual Pyramid Race is August 19th (week after City 2 Surf) and after todays effort I'm 90% sure I'm going to have a crack at it this year. Stay tuned.

2 weeks until City 2 Surf and I'm starting to get excited! Turn up the thermostat Sydney because I'm a bit of a nancy boy with the cold now that I've been living in the Far North for almost 2yrs.

Sunday 22nd:
17.00kms
94.55

Monday 23rd:
8.00kms
45.15

Tuesday:
Rest Day

Wednesday 25th:
8.00kms
42.59

Thursday 26th:
8.05kms
40.00

Friday 27th:
8.00kms
43.11

Saturday 28th:
8.00kms
43.48

Total Kms 22nd July - 28th July:
57.05kms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home