Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tough Day

I woke up today thinking I'd be feeling good and looking forward to my run - I felt the oppostite. For some reason I didn't feel very energetic at all and my legs felt very heavy. When I got to the gym and did my stretches I thought that maybe after 5mins of running the legs would loosen up and all would be ok. It didn't happen - for the whole 60mins I really had to push myself and the legs just got heavier and heavier. I was so happy to finish! I'm glad I didn't take the easy option though and go for a shorter run. As much as the physical fatigue was there in the end it became more a mental battle to make sure I finished. Definitely going to take it easy tomorrow and not exert myself too much.

Today:
11.3kms in 60mins on a 1 incline
The first 30mins done at 11.2km/h and the final 30mins done at 11.5km/h

3 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Isn't that just the best feeling, when you get through a workout like that, when you don't really want to do it. It mightn't be as hard and fast as others but there is so much satisfaction at the end. Well done!

Thanks for the comments on my blog, much appreciated. But forget about pencilling Kurrawa in, put it in in pen so you can't rub it out!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

We all dreed days like these and it is good to see that you toughed it out. The body is a strange machine and a days rest is usually all it takes to get that energetic feeling back. Keep it up.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Strengthening the mind is, in my opinion, just as important as training the body; you did really well to stick it out & you'll be just that much tougher mentally for hanging in there... good on you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home