Saturday, August 05, 2006

Longish Run

I promised myself I would only do shortish sharp runs 2 weeks out from C2S but tonight couldn't help myself and went out with the intention of doing 10kms. I was feeling great and didn't hit the wall at any stage - by the time I got to 10kms I still had plenty of fuel in the tank and told myself I'd run 12kms and upped the pace slightly. I got to 12kms and was still feeling fantastic so I then decided I'd run 14km (C2S distance) and picked up the pace again. So I did 14kms and said to myself '14kms is such an odd distance lets make it a nice even 15kms' and much to my delight I did the last 1km at 4.00min pace! I'm not going to get to carried away with myself but I could have easily kept going and its a huge boost to the morale knowing that after 14kms I still could do 1km comfortably at 4.00min pace. Now I really have to get a grip of myself ( that sounds a bit sus doesn't it?) and make sure I dont over exert myself in the next few days. I so wanted to keep going tonight and run a half-marathon distance.

If only C2S was all on the flat - that mean mother hill is just waiting to chew me up and spit me back out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - yeah watch out when you are exerting yourself too hard whilst getting a grip - that's when accidents happen...

and remember - you love hills :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

I agree about those stupid Sydney hills. The flat B2B today almost lulled my into a false sense of security.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

That's a great confidence booster before C2S and I'm sure HBH won't seem as bad as you think when you're surrounded by all those people.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home