Thursday, December 29, 2005

I Ran Down A Hill But Crawled Up A Mountain!

I wanted to do something different so I went to Picnic Point here in Toowoomba and investigated some of the walking tracks. Most of the afternoon was spent running and walking intermittently because I had no idea where I was going. Eventually I ended up doing a non-stop run of 4km which involved running down the range on a goat track (it wasn't really a goat track but it may as well have been) and then coming back up - needless to say the going down was easy but coming back up almost killed me. Just when I thought I was starting to get reasonably fit I have that thrown in my face! It puts a bit of a dent in the confidence. I really, really need to work on hills. Not sure how many K's I would have covered all up and no idea how many of those I would have run - I am going to just count my non-stop run up and down the range.

Today:
4kms in 21.10

3 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Gosh, the road up to Picnic Point is tough enough a run, I imagine the trails around there must be killers! So you shouldn't let that play havoc with your confidence at all.

Well done I reckon!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

There are always things out there that give everyone a reality check. This is not a bad thing, you can use these experiences to improve, now that you know a shortfall in your training you can manipulate your program to rectify it. Where would the fun and challenge be if everything that you attempt is easy, I definently wouldn't let this affect my confidence the Toowoomba Hills break everyone.

By the way at this stage the new years day run is still scheduled. Fingers crossed.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Hills are definitely tough but I'm told they get easier ! I'm still waiting for that to happen though :)

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home