Saturday, December 17, 2005

End Of The Training Week

This week I've done 45.4kms - I think 2.4kms more then last week. Slowly but surely I'm getting my weekly km's up with a good mix of speed and hill work thrown in as well. All I really need to focus on now is a decent size long run.

I've been thinking long and hard about what my goals for 2006 are. I know at some stage I would love to attempt a Marathon and I'd even being seriously considering having a crack at Canberra - mainly because I've heard its nice and flat without any real hills. But realistically I dont think I've given myself enough time to do it with any level of respectability. So the next Marathon I was thinking about was Gold Coast - the problem there is that its (in my opinion) too close to City to Surf. July and August are pretty crowded months (Gold Coast, Townsville, C2S, Noosa) with what I would like to attempt and C2S is one race that I want to give everything I've got. All that really leaves me with is either Sydney/Melbourne and I've decided Melbourne because I think doing the half-marathon in Sydney would probably be a nice lead in and the fact I've never been there would make it a nice mini-holiday.

All sounds good in theory, whether or not the body and ability agrees with it is another thing - but I've put it down on paper (so to speak) so I'm going to hold myself to it.

Today:
7.6kms in 40mins on a 1 incline
Started off at 11.2km/h and worked my way up to 12.5km/h for the last 10mins.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

So many races, so little time! Sounds like you've come up with a great plan though.

Melbourne is a good choice, mostly flat with a few little hills in the middle just to break things up. Great crowd support too.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like you have a busy year ahead! I look forward to reading all about it.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

It's so hard to choose, but it is good to hear that you have decided on something and actually posted it for us to read. It makes it all that much more realistic when others know your plan.

I dont know if you have done the C2S before but I found it a hard race to get into a rhythm, so many people, the Melbourne Marathon seems like a good choice especially for climate side of it.

Look forward to reading about the lead up training next year :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Yeah that storm still packed a little punch, about 80K winds when it hit, very quick but. That photo in my profile is the 2nd day of the warwick pentath run, the 10k killarney ascent, however just a random photo that I found.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home