Monday, December 26, 2005

Santa Has Left The Building!

Christmas has been and gone and as usual I'm feeling a little depressed. I love Xmas and am always disappointed when its over. I love the feeling you have as Xmas approaches - all the shops with the decorations, houses with the lights, everyone happy and excited and then all of a sudden you have to wait another year for that feeling again.

It seems no matter where you are in SE Qld at the moment there is no relief from the heat. I'm not sure which was worse - Toowoomba or the Sunshine Coast. I spent Saturday, Sunday and this morning at the Sunshine Coast and the majority of that was in the refuge of air-conditioning. So much for taking in the sights and enjoying the beach - anytime I tried to venture outisde I felt ill from the heat! Needless to say any plans for a run on Xmas Day went out the window. I enjoy my running but going out in those temperatures is madness.

I wasn't going to go for a run today either but I remembered the gym was going to be open for a couple of hours. At least if you run on the treadmill you can do it in an air-conditioned room. Having missed yesterday I made an effort to do a longer then normal run. By the end of my run I was literally dripping from head to toe. My clothes were drenched and the treadmill and floor were covered in a pool of sweat - I was embarassed! I did have the satisfaction afterwards though of realising that I had just done my longest run since 1997. For a couple of months back then I used to do a long run of about 22kms but since then the longest I've ever run is the 14K of City 2 Surf and today I passed that by a magnificent 100metres.

Today:
14.1kms in 75mins on a 1 incline
First 45mins at 11.2km/h, next 15mins at 11.4km/h and final 15mins worked my way up to 12km/h.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home