Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What A Hot One Today!


The majority of people think of Toowoomba as a nice cool place in summer, well the fact is that it can get stinking hot here. I could not sleep last night and kept waking up in a pool of my own sweat - it was so uncomfortable that in the end I just gave up. One of these days I'm gonna have to invest in an air-conditioner!

At about 4am I bit the bullet, got out of bed and I decided I would take my dog for a run. Lara (my dog, she is Alaskan Malamute X Labrador) used to be my running partner but once I started increasing my pace and distance she could no longer keep up. I feel bad not taking her for a run more often because she loves it. I didn't want to do anything drastic this morning so I just went and did a very short hill run - it works out to be about 1.6km and incorporates a very mean and nasty hill. All up it only took about 8 and 1/2 minutes but it was enough to see me drenched from head to toe in sweat.

I still felt reasonably good tonight and dragged myself to the gym and just did an easy 40min session on the treadmill. The first 25mins was ok but then the heat really took its toll on me and sapped all my energy - I was glad to see the end of the 40mins. I am praying that tomorrow is a little cooler - I hate the heat, its one of the reasons I moved from FNQ in the first place.

Today:
Morning - 1.6km in 8.30
Afternooon - 7.6kms in 40mins on a 1 incline

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Enforcer, every summer for years and years I put off buying the air-conditioner. Finally got it installed before summer 2004 and man, it is sooooo worth it!

Cute doggy :-)

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home