Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Rest And Taking It Easy

After my run on Saturday night I decided to have a rest day on Sunday. It would have been nice to have gone to Brissy and run B2B but that will have to wait until another year. I can't really see myself forsaking C2S for B2B though.

Monday night I did a quick 8km that felt really good - must have been the day off. Come C2S I am really going to make a conscious effort to pace myself. I have a tendancy to go out way too hard in my races and am always knocked up 3/4 of the way in. But I have a very good idea in my mind what pace I can sustain and complete the run in so its just a matter of maintaining that and not deviate no matter how good or rubbish I feel.

Nothing to report for today as I had another day off because I have a bit of a cold again! Rather then take the risk of making it worse I decided to have another nights rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

I try to maintain a constant pre-determined pace in races, seems to work. And you can always go for it in the last km if you feel up to it.

Hope we get to catch up at C2S. Are you planning to hit the pub afterwards? Rumour has it there'll be one or two Queenslanders in there, not to mention loads of CRs.

9:31 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Hope to see you at C2S,
I have the same plan in mind just to run at an even intensity and not blow up as i have in my last few races!

Cheers R2B

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home