Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Diet Blow Out

Ellie was talking of willpower in her blog today, well I've decided I have none at all. While doing my grocery shop this afternoon I just happened to walk down the confectionery aisle - what are the chances of that? I saw Peppermint Aero Bars on special for 80cents and thought thats too good to pass up. It was devoured before I even made it back to the car to drive home. Not only that, but for lunch today one of my co-workers and I went to Hungry Jacks for lunch so I ate that rubbish as well. I have to agree though - their burgers do taste better (c:

When I got home from work this afternoon I was really tired. I flaked out on the sofa and ended up having a nanny nap for about 45mins. Still feeling guilty about my junk food binge I made sure I ran tonight - it would have been so easy not to. I was going to do a good sharp 10k but once again ended up doing 60mins. I went through 30mins having done 6.3kms and felt great so I upped the pace in the final 30mins and did 6.8kms for a total of 13.1kms. Very happy with that and I put it down to all that energy food I had today.

No more Peppermint Aero Bars - despite being 80 cents!
Listened to Dire Straits 'Alchemy' on the stereo while running today.

Wednesday.
Kms: 13.1
Time: 60.00

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

when you discover the secret to harnessing the willpower please let me know!!! nice run though :)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

My iPod might have gone out in sympathy with your mp3 player but there's no chance of me giving up the chocolate.

Nice work on the tready by the way.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

Im the same I have no strength to resist junk food. The healthy eating thing is the hardest part of training by far.

Good going on the tready aswell, another km would have seen you break 65 for 14k.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home