Saturday, August 26, 2006

RIP MP3 Player

A couple of days ago I was saying how I enjoyed listening to my 80's music on the mp3 player while running. So tonight as I was getting ready to do my run I was searching the house for my trusty mp3 player - I couldn't find it anywhere. I suddenly remembered I left it out on the back patio table. I have a ritual where after I have finished on the treadmill I play ball with Lara (my dog - not my wife or g/f) afterwards - she gets really fired up while I run on the treadmill but she can't really do anything so she loves a good play afterwards. The last time I ran for some reason I took off my mp3 player and put it on the table before I played with Lara but forgot to pick it up when I went back inside. Unfortunately Lara is a destructive dog. If something is not nailed or tied down she will destroy it - and as you can imagine my mp3 player was no exception to this. I went out into the yard looking for it and sure enough it was in a thousand pieces. I'm crushed! Running on a treadmill is hard enough with the mp3 player but without it all I can do is stare at the blank patio wall. Ohh well, what can you do.

No running on Friday as I was totally exhausted. That throws out my little weekly schedule a little bit because it meant I needed to do a run today and I wanted to be nice and fresh for my longish Sunday run. Tonight I did an hour on the treadmill at a fair pace and also had the incline on the treadmill raised. I always run with the incline set at 1, but tonight I had it on 2. Its surprising how much difference that makes - but its all part of a master plan and sneaky secret training.

Saturday.
Kms: 12.3
Time: 60.00

Weekly Km Total: 66.5

3 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

You told us Lara was a dog but I still have visions of a crazed woman ripping apart an mp3 player with her teeth :-)

Keep up the secret training, I might do some of that myself.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Oh ho, sorry to hear about naughty Lara. YOu'll have to put a stereo system near your treadmill and crank it up!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

good work with the sneaky training - i find treadmill running incredibly hard so i have nothing but admiration for your training regime!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home