Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Post C2S Depression

I suffer this depressing feeling every year that I've done C2S - for weeks I train for it and its always in the back of my mind and usually its a nice little getaway weekend for me. Now, its finished. I have to wait another 12mths to experience that pre C2S feeling which I love so much and it kinda bums me out.
Still not sure of my official C2S time and place. I'm back in Cairns now and its a lost cause even trying to get a Sydney Morning Herald. I'll just have to wait for the website to be updated to find out. I'm still over the moon with my effort and for the first time I actually feel like a runner. Its not a briliant time but its a time I can be proud of to put on the running resume at the moment. I've been trying to size up what my running options are now that C2S has been done and dusted. I need to find a goal to aim for otherwise I'll sit back and live off this achievement for the next 12mths. There is a local 5km cross country event this weekend that I might have a go at but then I'll seriously consider venturing back to Sydney next month to have a shot at the Half Marathon. A couple more weeks solid training and I'd like to think I could run a respectable time in that event as well.
Its been great reading how everyone ran at C2S and my congratulations to you all. I promise to be wearing a Cool Runner cap at my next major running event so that I'll be a little more identifiable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

yeah i'm in for the 1/2 in september - just quietly i'm sh*tting myself but i'm confident of finishing! i have found that having that next goal means that i am feeling pretty motivated to get stuck back into it after C2S! do it...

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home