Thursday, August 24, 2006

New Shoes


It seems to be the time to buy shoes at the moment - I've just seen that Miners and Go Girl have also purchased new shoes. You can tell I still haven't quite graduated to the more elite running ranks, I only bought Asiscs 1110's which I think are one of the cheapest in the running line. I loved my last pair though as they are very light and don't feel real bulky but still give great cushioning. I've tried a pair of Kayano's on a couple of times and they always feel heavy to me and like I'm wearing the box instead of the shoe. I just don't like the feel of them. If I was a little more wealthy I'd buy a pair and give them a go but at the moment its a case of better the devil you know.

I did a good hill run yesterday. Since I conquered Heartbreak Hill at C2S with little difficulty this year I've commited myself to continue to do 1 quality session a week. I've changed the routine slightly now and instead of doing the whole run on an incline on the treadmill, I do 500metres on a steep incline and then 500metres on the flat. I was absolutely spent by the end of the run and staggered at how many extra calories you burn while runnin on an incline.

Tonights run wasn't anything exciting - just an easy session done at 5min/kms. I loaded a heap of 80's music onto the mp3 player. Dont you just love 80's music? A big highlight was listening to Nik Kershaw's 'The Riddle' and Don Henley's 'Boys of Summer' imagining running on a beach somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home