Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm Feeling Old

Still feeling proud of my City 2 Surf time I was sitting at work today trying to work out realistic times I could achieve for future City 2 Surfs - I was all excited thinking how if I kept on training hard for a few more years anything was possible. The it dawned on me - 'I'm old!' No matter how hard I train in a few more years the body just isn't going to respond and keep going faster. What a horrifying thought!

I had a good sharp run tonight - 9kms in 40mins exactly and feeling good afterwards. Very happy with that and starting to worry that my treadmill calibration is all out of whack. Is it possible a person can run with confidence?

Thursday.
Kms: 9.0
Time: 40.00

3 Comments:

Blogger R2B said...

Blackmores half now theres a thought...4 weeks time is it?

Ps you must have run past me at some point in C2S,nice work champ!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Hey Enforcer, I'm not using age as an excuse to aim for a PB at next years C2S. So sorry, you can't either!

We can but try :-)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Hmmm, I think I should have said "not using age as an excuse NOT to aim for a PB at next years C2S". Must be getting old ;-)

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home