Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday Longish Run

I haven't done one of these in a long while. I'm still deciding whether or not I want to do the Sydney Half- Marathon, so in anticipation that I do decide to take the plunge I thought I'd better start doing some sort of decent long runs. A couple of weeks ago I did a 15km run that didn't feel too bad, so tonight I thought I would run for 90mins and just sit on 5.00min kilometres. Its been quite hot here in Cairns the last few days and I really felt it while running. By the end of it I was absolutely saturated and even the shoes and socks were soaked - running with wet socks is the worst feeling and always gives me blisters. I finished the run doing 18km for 90mins and was very happy. I felt like I could have easily kept on going but didn't want to push too hard too quick.

Ever since City 2 Surf I've been eating a fair bit of junk - very strange for me because I eat fairly healthy. But I have been having cravings for Chocolate quite a bit ( I'm not even a chocky fan) and on Friday night I had cravings for Marshmallows. Starting tomorrow its back on the healthy food train.

Yesterday I had planned on doing a local 5km Cross Country Run that was part of the Pyramid Race Weekend. I got out there a bit late and went to register but was told I was too late - probably a good thing because I just didn't feel up to it.

Friday.
Kms: 8.0
Time: 40.00

Sunday.
Kms: 18.0
Time: 90.00

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

good luck with the healthy eating plan - but jeez chocolate and marshmallows sounds gooooood...

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home